Kilmoyley hurling club is one of the most progressive hurling club in County Kerry with wonderful facilities for our patrons and visiting GAA supporters – pitch, training field, ball alley, gym, supporters stand, dugouts, dressing rooms and ample parking. We now have among the most professional and successful juvenile structures in the county, laying the foundation to build on the success of our Senior team for future generations. We are a rural club with limited membership, but we are hugely passionate about our hurling, our club, our parish…….and it shows!
This site provides current news and full history of the club. Feel free to look through our photo gallery, archives, current fixtures and results. All contributions are greatly appreciated.
In the latter years of the nineteenth century and early twentieth century, the fame of Kilmoyley’s hurlers and their deeds spread to non-hurling areas in the county and beyond. Hurling was practised in Kilmoyley many years before the Gaelic Athletic Association’s foundation in 1884. In the two decades prior to the foundation of the GAA, Kilmoyley organised hurling matches with Abbeydorney, Lixnaw and Ballyduff.
Early officers of the club were Jack McGrath, Dan O’Connor, Michael Hanlon, David Reidy, Cornelius Regan, Thomas Sheehy, Edward Ryle, John Lawlor, and David Mahony. Meetings were conducted in Patcheen Quane’s house and the players “trained” in Nolan’s field before 11 o’clock Sunday mass. This field is now owned by John Fitzgerald and is situated between Jackeen Quane’s (now John Flanagan’s) and Patcheen Quane’s – later the home of William (Callaghan), Patsy and Mary, his sons and daughter.